At the end of the day, emergencies are always different. The best thing you can do to safeguard the health of your pet is to call us and let us know what is going on. We can then tell you if you need to bring your pet in immediately or if you can just make an appointment.
Here is a list of emergencies below. If your pet is experiencing any of these symptoms please call us immediately
What is an emergency:
- If you know or suspect that your dog ate something poisonous (antifreeze, chocolate, poison)
- Severe bleeding that doesn’t stop, open wounds
- Broken bones,/ car accident
- Inability to pass urine, or stool
- Injuries to pets eyes
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Severe vomiting and diarrhea
If we are unable to serve you or closed we will refer you to Guardian Emergency Clinic.
They can be reached at (780) 436-5880 and their address is 5620 99 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 1V2